Writing a list of resolutions seems pretty trite, so here's a list of...2012 focuses. That's different, right? ;)
First, here's my "keep it up!" list:
1. Practice yoga and continue pushing myself during practice (cadenceyoga.com, it's the best, check it out).
2. Eat healthy. I haven't had fast food (except Chick-fil-a, which totally does NOT count) in months.
3. Write notes to others, and myself. I love a good hand-written note.
And now new "focuses", in no particular order:
1. Try a different cheese every week. I just discovered you can keep a card with a list of your cheeses at Forward Foods. Can't wait to fill mine up.
2. Practice a few sun salutations every morning, and SMILE through them! Which means...
3. Get up earlier (this is on my list every year, I always wake up right in time and have to rush to get ready). Here's to hoping I can actually achieve this one in 2012.
4. Cook something new/different every other week. I feel really good about my baking skills but wish I had a wider range in cooking. That is, more than just fish and veggies.
5. Use prayer cards every morning while getting ready. I put these around my mirror, hopefully they'll be hard to miss that way.
6. Open the blinds every morning. As stated before, I am NOT a morning person, but a little sunlight always helps get me in a ... sunnier mood. Ha! Hahaha.
7. Don't cheat on my budget. Period.
8. Make notes in REAL bible (instead youversion, though I do love it). I'm pretty sure I did all of my bible reading and highlighting digitally last year and I just miss that actual, physical book.
And finally, my 2012 mantras:
Be kind. Be kind. Be kind.
Be open and actively expect transformation.
Happy New Year. :)