"And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it." Colossians 3:14

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God=Love

I know this. If you're a christian, you know this.

What if someone doesn't believe in God? I guarantee you that they still believe in love. I bet most of them show love even better than you or I do sometimes, but that's another blog post.

So, if someone doesn't believe in God, and they ask you what Christianity or the bible is all about, do you answer automatically "God" or "Jesus" (or, God's love, even)? Guess what? From my experience, that's the end of the conversation for them, they've checked out. They don't believe in God, so telling them "God" isn't wedging that door open, it's not planting any seeds.

Next time, try answering "love" first. Just "love". They're going to ask another question. I bet you anything. Then you can tell them all about how a man showed and taught love.

If you truly believe God=love, think about showing LOVE way before you PREACH God.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! So true. Funny, I wrote about love today too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...